Indore Christian College
Indore Christian College is an Educational Institution which was run by the Protestant Christian Minority community. It was Founded in the year 1887 A.D. by the Canadian Mission. Over the years, it has become one of the premier institutions in the country.
At the time of its establishment in 1887, affiliation was secured with Calcutta University and College classes were started with only twelve students. The late Dr. John Wilkie became the first Principal of the institution
The main building of the college was completed in the year 1895, and it was formally opened by the Agent to Governor General of India, Colonel Barr on 22nd November 1895.
The first hostel was constructed in 1899 and today, we have 125 students living in the College Hostel. Our hostel life denotes national unity and international understanding.
In 1902 Dr. A. A. King was appointed as Principal Consequent to the passing of Indian Universities Act. in 1904, we ceased to be affiliated with Calcutta University and became affiliated with Allahabad University.
Today, we are a flourishing co-educational institution. Of the 3,000 students studying in the college, 300 are girls. The first lady to enroll in college was in 1910. In 1912, Rev. J.A. Sharad was appointed Principal, when Dr. King went back to Canada. In 1913, Rev. A. A. Scott took over as Principal. However, when Dr. King returned to India in 1916, he again assumed the Principalship from 1916 to 1929 when he finally resigned.
Register below to get details
[table id=9 /]